Certified Medical Coder (1 yr.: experience)
Remote Flexible Jobs (https://remoteflexiblejobs.com) is seeking for someone to fill the position of a Certified Medical Coder to work remotely in the U.S. only.
In this role, you will review medical records and apply the appropriate ICD–10-CM diagnostic codes. Codes must meet QA standards (following both the Official Coding Guidelines and Risk Adjustment Guidelines).
Assign appropriate ICD–10-CM codes, mapping to risk adjustment models as applicable.
Assign codes when the documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or otherwise unclear for medical coding purposes.
Remain current on diagnosis coding guidelines and risk adjustment reimbursement reporting requirements.
Check chart assignments every day and accurately report all hours worked on a weekly basis.
Maintain quality and production standards required by company.
Report work-related concerns to assigned Coder Advocate and, if not adequately addressed, to Sr. Manager of Clinical Operations.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAY: $22.00-$35.00 per hour
TO BECOME AN AGENT:
Apply and register today at https://remoteflexiblejobs.com/join-now and select the Remote Flexible Jobs Service Network.
Please reference user code RFJTanyaPhilip.
Please contact our office staff at 1 (405) 633-0079 if you have any further questions.
• Active certified coder certification through AHIMA or AAPC is required (CRC/ CPC/CCS). CCA and CPC-A are not accepted.
• At least one year of experience as a certified coder is required.
• At least one year of risk adjustment coding experience is required.
• Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM outpatient diagnosis coding guidelines (knowledge and demonstrated understanding of Risk Adjustment coding and data validation requirements is highly preferred).
• Ability to code using an ICD-10-CM code book (without using an encoder).
• Strong clinical knowledge related to chronic illness diagnosis, treatment and management.
• Reliability and a commitment to meeting tight deadlines (24-hour turnaround time on all assigned charts).
• Exemplary attention to detail and completeness-all medical coders must maintain minimum QA passing requirements based on HCC scoring model (HCCx < or equal to 5 and HCCm < or equal to 5). • Knowledge of HIPAA, recognizing a commitment to privacy, security and confidentiality of all medical chart documentation.