Remote Outpatient Coder
Mommy Jobs Online (https://mommyjobsonline.com) is now seeking for someone to fill the position of a Remote Outpatient Coder to work remotely in the U.S. only.
GENERAL SUMMARY: In this role, you will work independently on a daily basis and are responsible for the abstracting, auditing, coding of medical records, and assigning codes with a high degree of accuracy.
JOB TYPE: Full-time; MUST be a U.S. citizen.
- Be knowledgeable of compliance responsibilities as expressed in the Code of Conduct; adhering to federal and state laws, rules, regulations, and corporate policies and procedures policies that affect his/her specific job functions/responsibilities; and reporting compliance issues/concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Review medical records and physician documentation to code patient charges, provide feedback.
- Assist provider, practice staff, compliance and TPR leadership with reviewing provider coding, payer denials and internal/external audits as needed.
- Review coding denial/edits and appeals to correct codes an provide education.
- Work on high level appeals and tracks results with payers.
- Work with compliance on pre-bill and post bill audits as required.
- Prepare reports as requested and works on projects as needed.
- Provide training to physicians and staff to improve coding outcomes.
- Adhere to TPR productivity standards and submits daily productive reports.
- Meet TPR accuracy and quality coding standards.
- Meet or exceeds productivity requirements.
- Adhere to the HIPAA Compliance Plan and the Privacy Standards Confidentiality Agreement.
- Attend meetings and participates in Q&A.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAYMENT: $18.00-$25.00 per hour
TO BECOME A MEMBER:
Please visit https://mommyjobsonline.com and click on Join Now. You will then need to select the Medical Coding Remote Job Bank Registry to become a lifetime member and to get connected with this client to begin their hiring process. Please email us your resume after you register with your qualifications and work history.
Please reference agent ID code MJOLTanyaPhilip on your registration submission.
Mommy Jobs Online is accepting pre-screening interviews, so please call (405) 418-6160 and ask for Kimberly.
Jobseeker Live Chat:
Education: High school diploma/GED with completion of a coding program.
Certification: Certified Professional Coding Certificate required and in good standing.
Experience: Physician professional coding required with 2 years of experience is preferred. Large multispecialty groups of 50/+ doctors.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS: ICD–10 coding guidelines, medical terminology, and billing applications. Policies and procedures of the organization to complete coding tasks within compliance of the federal, state, insurance, and organization regulations.