Remote Pro-Fee E&M Orthopedic Surgery Coder
Work at Home Job Source (https://www.workathomejobsource.com/) is now in search for a Remote Pro-Fee E&M Orthopedic Surgery Coder to work in the U.S. only.
JOB TYPE: Full-time; MUST be a U.S. citizen.
OVERVIEW: Provide coding and abstracting services for clients on inpatient, outpatient, and clinic visits for professional fee (physician services) medical records by using ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 data sets for a wide variety of medical specialties. Use established coding principles, software and your knowledge and experience to assign diagnostic and procedural codes after a thorough review of the medical record. As a coding team member, you may participate in industry forums as well as support coding education within the team.
- Review medical records to identify pertinent diagnoses and procedures relative to the patient's health care encounter.
- Abstract appropriate information from the medical record based on the guidelines provided by the client and after a thorough review of the medical record.
- Solicit clarification from the physician regarding ambiguous or conflicting documentation in the medical record using guidelines provided by the client.
- May act as a mentor to training coders and/or new hires by providing education and training.
- Maintain current knowledge of the information contained in the Coding Clinic, CPTÒ Assistant, and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Maintain effective and professional communication skills.
- Contribute to a positive company image by exhibiting professionalism, adaptability and mutual respect.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Computer, Internet, and a home office set-up.
PAY RANGE: $17.00-$35.00 per hour coding medical records
TO APPLY FOR A MEDICAL CODING AT HOME AGENT POSITION:
To start your journey as a Medical Coding, kindly visit https://www.workathomejobsource.com/. Once there, click on the "Join Now" button and navigate to the Medical Coding Work At Home Job Bank registry to become a valued member.
When submitting your resume, please remember to include the agent ID code WAHJSTanyaPhilip as a reference.
We are ready to assist you! Please give us a call if you need further help in finding the perfect work from home job type just for you at (405) 754-3104.
Work At Home Job Source
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• CCS, RHIT, RHIA, CCS-P, CPC, or CIC is required.
• Must have a minimum of 1 year of professional fee coding experience; 5-7 years of experience is preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding principles and guidelines, reimbursement systems, federal, state and payer-specific regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing.
• Must have strong skills in pro-fee Orth/Spine and general surgery.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understands medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, surgical technology, pharmacology and disease processes.
• Must pass a coding proficiency test.